Wednesday, March 2, 2011

John Galliano Issues Apology & Will Stand Trial

Golden boy no more

As if the turmoil surrounding John Galliano couldn't get any worse. In light of the recent anti-semetic scandal, irrevocably tarnishing the designer's name and reputation, it has been reported Galliano will stand criminal trial in France for charges of public insult.

The overly vilified couturier has "unreservedly" apologized for his harmful comments in a video that has equally shocked and saddened the entire fashion industry. In a statement released by the law firm of Harbottle & Lewis, the fallen fashion giant denies making anti-semitic slurs on February 24 and vows to clear his name and seek help. “I was subjected to verbal harassment and an unprovoked assault when an individual tried to hit me with a chair having taken violent exception to my look and my clothing. For these reasons I have commenced proceedings for defamation and the threats made against me. However, I fully accept that the accusations made against me have greatly shocked and upset people.”

Galliano's lawyer, Stephane Zerbib, confirms the couturier will stand criminal trial at some point in the second quarter.

John Galliano's position as head designer at Christian Dior Couture was terminated March 1 in a swift response to the recently leaked video depicting the designer's racist rant and a separate incident occurring on February 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment