Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chanel - A Woman of Her Own

Chanel Bible

For as long as I can remember, I've been fascinated by the late and great fashion empress known only by the name of Gabrielle Chanel. From her invention of comfortable sportswear and crafting one of the most recognizable fragrances in the entire world to her recounts of her one true love with an aristocratic Englishman, Chanel was a woman of countless facets and one that has captivated me for life. I've read thoroughly about this remarkable woman for quite some time, however, upon reading Axel Madsen's biography of the legendary couturier, titled "Chanel - A Woman of Her Own", I'm discovering several new facts about her life to which I was unfamiliar. Without going into much detail, Madsen's book enlightens readers to numerous events in Chanel's long life causing one to marvel how she managed to retain her strength and admirable perseverance. With each turning page of the book, which includes thorough quotes from Chanel herself, it feels as though I'm witnessing her legend unfold or I imagine myself somehow an integral part of it. She's one of those rare people, like Christian Dior, whom I feel very much similar to and need to absorb anything and everything related to them. If anyone has a desire to foray into the world of a fashion icon, my humble suggestion is to immediately obtain this book and begin reading its contents. When the subject matter is Chanel, one will not be disappointed.


1 comment:

  1. really great your blog! follow you! hope you can do the same!!
    www.venusathermirror.blogspot.com
    kisses

    ReplyDelete