Friday, December 17, 2010

Whimsically Wondrous Windows

Photobucket
Dior, 57th Street, New York

In the short span of a few hours, one can manage to time travel back to the glamorous 30's and 40's, brave pirate ships & sea monsters, lounge at a glitzy gala, and finally return home to famously dine with the ladies all the while dressed in your best. At least that's how this gentleman has spent his Friday afternoon. Fresh and vibrant to embrace the holiday spirit, instantaneously I knew my day would be sorted with a luxurious stroll along New York's 5th avenue to complete some holiday shopping. From beginning my journey with my two favorite Christians (Dior and Lacroix) to ending at Saks, window shopping evoked a rather surreal, yet satisfying adventure only words can describe. As such, a photographic record of my quest shall reasonably suffice.

Where did Angelo decide to shop... for himself that is? I say take the journey to find out :)

Dior, 57th Street
Photobucket
A deliciously French Lady Dior continues to illuminate New York

Photobucket
Photobucket
Unquestionable homage to the era-defining "New Look".

Christian Lacroix, 57th Street
(One of my favorite haute couture designers)
Photobucket


Photobucket
A blurry Diorable colorfully & properly attired at Lacroix (Apologies for the fuzzy shot but the boutique is fairly dim-lit)
If you've read my Century 21 entry from last night, you'll notice I'm wearing the Valentino scarf and SAND tie as promised with some Dior, Prada, & Lanvin thrown in for good measure :)

Chanel, 57th Street
Photobucket
Snow queens.

Photobucket

Miu Miu, 57th Street
Photobucket
Photobucket

Prada, 5th Avenue (I love you, Miuccia)
Photobucket

Henri Bendel, 5th Avenue (These gowns were incredible to view)
Photobucket
Photobucket

Zara, 5th Avenue
Photobucket

Fendi, 5th Avenue (One of the day's favorites)
Photobucket
Effortlessly fierce mannequin working the camera.
Photobucket

Bottega Veneta, 5th Avenue
Photobucket
Lovely Athenian-inspired dress
Photobucket
Beautiful blazer
Photobucket

Saks Fifth Avenue, 5th Avenue
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
My favorite Saks mannequin
Photobucket

Photobucket
Child: "Madame, help me, I'm floating away!"
Madame: "Darling, but I'm wearing couture. Perhaps next time."

Photobucket
1930's Hollywood glam
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Daffy's, Madison Avenue (This was interesting)
Photobucket

So which locations saw Angelo treating himself to some diorable holiday goods?
Answer: But, of course Christian Dior & Christian Lacroix :)
Photobucket

If you live in, or near, New York, please take full advantage of the endless beauty and brilliance our shop windows have to offer. As you've witnessed, they can be quite the spectacle.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! You could do a monthly review of the best windows, it is kind of fun to be lounging in my sofa in Milan and going at the same time window shopping with you in Manhattan.... Baci M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much once again! I'm so glad you were able to join me on this wonderful journey. It was a great day for fashion indeed :)

    Grazie :)

    ReplyDelete